Welcome to my little slice of the internet. I’m Mandy, Mother to Freddie (the half Swede), Wife to Johan (the full Swede), online business owner and imminent digital nomad.
Why be a digital nomad? Because we can.
Because there are so many opportunities out there for people to dig their way out of debt or a shitty job or a mediocre life, and we want to be the proof of just what can be done with a bit of bravery and some bloody hard work. A lot of hard work.
Because we want to show our Son that anything is possible, that going to school, and sitting some exams, and getting a job and a mortgage and a family is just one option, but that there are other choices.
Because we want to make a difference, however small to this planet. Who knows what that will be but we don’t believe we are going to discover that continuing with our conventional life in sleepy Bournemouth, UK.
Because I want to make money whilst sitting on a beach in Costa Rica.
We have always ‘thought’ outside of convention, but never applied it practically to our lives. Both Johan and I are lefties, socialists, hell probably a little bit communist/anarchist, so normal life doesn’t excite us, and this had been brewing for some time. We were after freedom, and money was a means to get there but having failed at my first attempt at single handedly launching an online business with no experience, we were a bit deflated. The closer it got to Freddie starting school, the more panicked we became. Neither of us really had much faith in traditional schooling, but what choice did we have?
That’s when I was introduced to the Network Marketing concept. I researched like mad and then selected my company.
At the beginning I was terrified of talking to people because, well, people can be mean. Thankfully, 2 years of solid personal development gets me to the position I am in now of being able to remove my feelings from the outcome.
What I can say is that it takes a certain kind of person to make a success of NM. You must be driven, focussed, willing to make some short term sacrifices and be clear about what your end goal is. However, whilst these are all important, I have come to learn what I believe to be the most important character traits to grow an online NM business, and these are also the character traits I look for in potential business partners.
- Compassion: You don’t need to be an extrovert, I am an introvert and run my business entirely online and that works for me. But you must be able to connect with people. You must be interested in people, and be able to see where you can add value to their lives. If you don’t have kindness at the core of your being, then this isn’t the route for you.
- Authenticity: I do not believe in the ‘fake it til you make it’ philosophy. Bullshit does not wash with me, and I want to work with people who are real and honest. We can all see through the BS. If you want to connect with people you must be real.
- Integrity: What do you believe in? What are your core values? I may not agree with them 100%, but if you are willing to make a stand for what you believe in then you will always have my support (within reason!)
- Open minded: I am not the all seeing being. I have my faults and I am most probably doing a lot of things in the least efficient way, so I am open to new ideas. I want to work with people who are open to collaboration, finding new ways of doing things, being creative, visionaries.
- Passionate: I am a passionate advocate of both my company and the products because they align with my core values. The company is ethical, green and vegan and provides real opportunity to change lives. The products are world class, provide actual visible results and are safe and cruelty free. You have to believe in your company and products if you want others to believe in them.
- Freedom: With hard work, coaching, grit and a clear vision, this business works. It is providing us total freedom. 2 years ago I was depressed and felt like a failure. Today I am planning an adventure that I would never have thought possible, not for me, boring old Mandy from Bournemouth. It’s never been about the money for me, it’s always been about the freedom.
So this blog is going to lead up to us leaving the UK, and then will be a journal of what we get up to out on the road. It’s going to be a warts and all account of every cock up and every bad decision, every panic and every yeehah moment and I really hope that you find it entertaining, and maybe even a little bit inspirational.
Thanks for reading, Team Tinglert
Please contact me directly through the contact page if you wish to discuss the business opportunity and whether it could be a fit for you.